Retail - Full-Time
Direct to You Market: 900 Jefferson Rd Suite 1000 Rochester, NY 14623, USA
Palmer Food Services is looking for a Market Maintenance Associate to join our team! Palmer Food Services offers training and development opportunities, as well as great benefits for our associates and their families.
The Market Maintenance Associate reports directly to the Manager on Duty and Market General Manager. The individual is responsible for keeping designated areas in a clean and orderly condition. The Maintenance Associate must conduct oneself in accordance with Palmer Food Services company culture.
Role & Responsibilities
- Follow Daily Checklist
- Clean facility floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming
- Clean all entry doors and windows
- Clean building entrances and surroundings
- Collect garbage and cardboard and process
- Maintain scullery area including washing of all dishes, pans, etc.
- Service, meticulously clean, disinfect and supply restrooms
- Spot clean walls, doors, door frames, spills on floor, etc.
- Engage in seasonal and special cleaning projects
- Clean, organize and assist with any other items as needed or assigned by MOD
- Present a professional image to internal/external customers and vendors with appropriate dress according to the work situation while maintaining good grooming and hygiene
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail store environment, standing on feet all day
- Strong interpersonal skills, friendly personality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle direction and re-direction from MOD
- Strong self motivating skills
- Previous maintenance experience
Palmer Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applications for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, gender dysphoria, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected class or status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and/or interviewing process should notify an organization representative.