Human Resources - Full-Time
Corporate Office: 900 Jefferson Rd Suite 1000 Rochester, NY 14623, USA
The HR Coordinator supports the HR team with administrative responsibilities such as data entry into Ultimate Software and electronic filing in Cabinet. The HR Coordinator is also primarily responsible for recruitment for all departments for Palmer Food Services. The HR Coordinator will assist with open enrollment each year as well as larger projects selected for implementation as an HR Team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage electronic filing of personnel records (including scanning and organizing) in Cabinet program. Attention to detail and accuracy with spelling and correct categorization is paramount.
- Develop, improve, and follow effective recruiting and placement practices and procedures to include:
- Post and advertise open positions
- Collaborate with department managers to screen and evaluate resumes and assist with interviewing and selecting candidates
- Conduct applicant references, extend offers, and facilitate pre-employment testing
- Conduct new hire orientation to include facility tours, payroll paperwork, review of benefits, polices, and procedures
- Fully and efficiently utilize Ultimate Software functions to include Payroll, Time Off and Allowances, Recruitment, Onboarding, and Benefits.
- New hire entry; taxes, status, time clocks, benefits, status changes, etc.
- Assist with benefit changes annually during open enrollment
- Time Off and Allowances
- Reoccurring schedule creation
- Time off requests
- Perform other duties and work on various projects as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Communications or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience in recruiting and placement practices and procedures
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred and Ultimate Software
- Prior experience with Cabinet or similar electronic filing systems preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law and compliance preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy level, motivated, goal/results oriented, self-starter, analytical, and creative
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Office Suite with an emphasis in Outlook and Excel
Communication Skills: Advanced
Detail Orientated: Advanced
Microsoft Excel: Advanced
Microsoft Powerpoint: Advanced
Microsoft Word: Advanced
Microsoft Outlook: Advanced
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Palmer Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applications for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, gender dysphoria, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected class or status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and/or interviewing process should notify an organization representative.