Have a plan if there is a Nationwide Shutdown
Questions you need to think about and answer before it happens.
1. How will you minimize product loss?
- Take an accurate inventory to back up your inventory assessment
- Have copies of your invoices to back up your inventory assessment
- Identify your most valuable items and save them first
- Save as much as you can by freezing fresh product
- Cook perishable items if possible
- Example: Cook tomatoes into sauce or puree squash
2. How will you engage your guests during the shutdown?
- Use your social media platforms to encourage people to buy Gift Cards for future dining.
3. How will you address your staff?
- Educate them with FREE ServSafe Training and other courses offered by ServSafe